Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Mardi Gras Trees

Today is Mardi Gras--the last horah before Lent!
Here is a cool poem from Jeffrey Pipes Guice, New Orleans, LA

I think that I
shall never see,,,
Anything as cool
as a Mardi Gras Tree

They grow in New Orleans
nearly every Spring,,,
As the bands start marching
in full swing,,,

The beads are flung
from near and far
As the revelers stumble
from bar to bar,,,
The tourists take selfies
with the trees behind,,,
On every block
these trees they find,,,

The Mardi Gras tree
is such a beautiful sight,,,
As the party continues
late into the night,,,
So whenever you visit New Orleans
and you find a Mardi Gras tree,,,
Make sure you post a selfie
for all of us to see

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old habits revived

 Years ago I had a habit of listening to podcasts on a regular basis.  That was the way I could listen to classic books that I never would...