Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Winter Reading

 Winter!  Brings some boring days..--more so now, that we are cooped up--no sunshine days and cold temperatures--time to sit by the fireplace with a cup of tea and a good book.  I have so many to choose from making it a hard decision what to read first. I have many books on my Kindle, which I read when we travel.  I really love to have a physical book in my hands instead of a back lit screen!

There are more on my list but I chose these four to begin with--
Brad Thor, The Last Patriot--
"Navy SEAL turned covert Homeland Security operative
Scott Harvath must race to locate an ancient secret
that has the power to stop militant Islam dead in its tracks!"
This book #7 in the series--I found it on paperback swap

JJ Rusz's first book in series of 5 surrounding life in
Texas Big Bend National Park--The Window Trail--
I love reading books that take me to locations I love!

David Limbaugh's book "Jesus is Risen"
This is a great book to read along with the book of Acts in the Bible--
the story of Paul.  As I listen to Bible Recap podcast, I also
read the Bible and this book chapter by chapter--makes Paul
journey come alive.

Richard Osman "The Thursday Murder Club"  a mystery along
with some comedy--this has been fun reading.
This takes place in a peaceful retirement village with four
unlikely friends that meet up once a week to investigate unsolved
murders!  These are not just any friends but ones in their 80's!
British humor for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Walk for JD

  Every April around this time of year, we sponsor a walk for our little great grandson, Jerry Daniel aka JD; he was born February 17, 2023 ...