Friday, January 8, 2021

Anyone For Tea?

 I love tea!  Hot tea in the winter--cold ice tea during hot days.  Today I'm talking Hot Tea!  and how to keep it hot when you bring the teapot to the table.  

I have plenty of teacups!  Been collecting for years!  There were times, I'd pull
out a different cup and have a 'spot' of tea during mid afternoon.

Some of my cups are antiques, some were collected on trips to England, Wales,
Scotland

And teapots!  Glorious teapots!  Love those of different shapes and sizes.
again, a few are antiques, some newly made by pottery folks--never can
go wrong when you purchase a teapot!
To keep your tea nice and warm, you need tea cozies!
This is just one of ten free patterns from Noble Knits
Here are a couple of my knitted ones--look a little lost without the teapot!

This is one of my favorite tea cozies!  It is felted wool from a workshop back in the days!  this is the front..............

This is the back--I inlaid ribbon with beads--
The cozy is reversible!  The back side is inlaid with silk paper on wool felt!  On the left is other side--I just love, love this cozy--hope to make another one soon..
This s the cover I need most often--it seems most of my everyday teapots
have lost their lids!  Someone pours and lid falls off and breaks!
I've been working on this cozy for about a year--Cut out the pieces, place
them on blank surface and leave for several months--

This is the back--finally!  did some stitching and sewed the pieces
together with binding--then I forgot!! you need to make the inside.....
let's hope, I don't wait another year to get it done!

The recipe for the cozy came from this book--I'm not so elaborate as Rebekah is
but I like it--great book with super ideas--I might 'get around to' some day!!

Here is something to go along with the Tea!













1 comment:

  1. Love seeing your teacups and pots. I have a collection as well.
    Love the comfort of a cuppa.
    So needed in these difficult times.

    ReplyDelete

X Y Z

 X Y Z   The slang phrase XYZ, meaning “examine your zipper,”  has been used since at least the 1960's  These letters are used for const...