Monday, January 11, 2021

OOPs!


You'd think I knew better!  I've only been quilting for zillion years--
but this one slipped right by me--
I usually make my binding right after I put the borders on the quilt top--
then press and binding is ready for the quilt--
did it this time too--Now, I'm ready to sew binding onto the quilt
after all the quilting work is finished and guess what??
Binding was short about a foot!
What to do?
There isn't any of this fabric in the major stash-

Thinking, thinking what to do--If there is any small amount of fabric left,
I chuck it into the bin along with all the other scraps.
I'm frantically, searching the scrap bin--pulling out all sorts of fabric
until...................I reach the bottom and there it was
just enough to make a 2.5" cut across and finish up the binding!
Whew!
Now and forever on, I'm measuring my binding to make sure there is
the right amount to bind the quilt!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

X Y Z

 X Y Z   The slang phrase XYZ, meaning “examine your zipper,”  has been used since at least the 1960's  These letters are used for const...