Thursday, March 5, 2020

You Never Know......................

You never know what each day brings--

 I think the best place to meet people is the coffee shop--
You never know whom you'll meet or what you'll learn--

We were in Paris, summer of 2016, and stopped into a Starbucks, sat down next to a young
fellow who was working on a piece of cardboard torn from a box--
simply "hello"--didn't know if he spoke English or not--
that opens a whole new world when you speak to someone with a small comment--
he asked where we were from--Houston, we said--he had a daughter in Houston- he said;
we spoke about the Orlando shooting which killed 49,which Happen June, 2016 and as we are leaving, he hands us the above
cardboard drawing--he said he was a graffiti artist--TMNK was his handle--
we thank him and went on our way--

Just recently I thought about that brief encounter and did some
googling--there he was "Nobody"--TMNK--a famous artist who had exhibits
throughout the world!  Recently, I learned he committed suicide--Sept, 2016--

That brief encounter is one of the best examples of
you never know..........



Another brief "hello" to this gentleman in the coffee shop as I waited for my
coffee

-he was drawing these elaborate Native American designs; I expressed an interest so he showed me several in this portfolio--
I was taken by his watercolor pens--one of several bags he had at home, he said.

Waiting for my coffee just got better and better
You just never know.....Don't be afraid to say "hello"


No comments:

Post a Comment

U V

Undulate means  to move in a wave-like pattern . If a sound increases and decreases in pitch or volume like waves, you can say the sound is ...