Saturday, December 7, 2019

Weaving of the Past!

We've been unpacking Christmas decorations and memories of the past
come flooding back as I pull out each item.
When I look at these memories, I'm always amazed that I really
made it!!

This little Santa was woven about 35 years ago--
I wove tartan fabric and then decided to make Santas
for each of the family members--this one was made
for my side of the family--the only reason I have this one
is because that family member passed away and Santa
was returned to me--I was happy to have it as I didn't make
one for our family.

This is the Bailey Tartan--loved the colors!
This was during my tartan phase that I was weaving
tartan fabric!

Each Santa carried in his stocking the Tartan information

This is the first weaving I did for Christmas--about 40 years ago--surprised I
still have it!  It is double weave, woven right after I learned to
weave!  Unbelievable that I tried double weave as a new
weaver--but, I remember I was weaving from Big Book of Weaving
and did each 'recipe' step by step!

\
Here is his backside--I'm thrilled I have these memories from
past weavings--not often I keep anything for my collection.
Guess I'd better write up some description of Santa and 
attach to him for years future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old habits revived

 Years ago I had a habit of listening to podcasts on a regular basis.  That was the way I could listen to classic books that I never would...