Tuesday, August 27, 2019

My August Reading List...........

It's time to give you my August reading list--little late
Reading takes me places I'll never travel too;
it also gives me time to reflect on those places I've visited before


I've decided to read an oldie but goodie author--Robert B. Parker
I've read "Resolution"--western theme by Robert also--fast paced
and entertaining so I picked up two of his first Spenser books--
"Godwulf Manuscript" and "God Save The Child"--we'll see
how Spenser solves his cases--of course, I'm quite familiar with the
televised mysteries with Jesse Stone.

"The Shepherd's Life" by James Rebanks, a memoir, as well as family
portrait of his family and their lives as shepherds--interesting read
about Lake District of England--one place we loved to visit.

I've finished reading Alexander McCall Smith--"My Italian Bulldozer"
"The Department of Sensitive Crimes"--both delightful reads

Another visit to Big Bend, Texas through third book in series by Elizabeth
A Garcia's "Darker Than Black"--love, love this read!  

Two new books that were recommended:  "The Escape Room" by
Megan Goldin and "Girls Like Us" by Cristina Alger--both
are reported as page turners--can't wait to indulge it that fancy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Walk for JD

  Every April around this time of year, we sponsor a walk for our little great grandson, Jerry Daniel aka JD; he was born February 17, 2023 ...