Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Chopping, Mixing, Baking!

We're chopping, mixing, baking today--lots of goodies to go on our holiday tray.  Each night  after dinner as we sit around to visit, we bring out Dan's famous eggnog along with a tray of baked goodies--oldest daughter has fudge, spritz cookies--have you seen the recipe for that Fireball fudge!  OMgosh--  Our friend, George is a distiller at Shire Distilling CO and he makes a great fireball liquor-- I think this will be added to our tray this year!

Dan has made pralines--I don't make candy!! It never turns out good; most of the time, it is runny and you need to bring out the spoons.
These are so delicious--creamy and smooth!

His recipe is sooooo old!  It's hard to read--I suggested
he needed to write it off so it doesn't get lost in years to
come.  
I'm mixing up my sugar cookie recipe--only because son ask
if we were going to have some cookies to dip in milk--I posted that
recipe last year, I think. 
Don't you just love old recipes that have been used over and
over again?  This is a savory cracker--lots of heat with the cayenne
pepper

And to round out the starter of the evening--Cheese ball.
Plus, I have my world famous chili cheese log to savor as well.
Gee, how we love the holidays and all the foods of
our memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...