Thursday, December 13, 2018

Mistakes..................Can Be Corrected............

It must be my month to make quilting mistakes--oh, yes, I'm making mistakes in other routines of my life too; But, do you know, all mistakes can be corrected?  Thank goodness!


When I have a few spare minutes, I've been sewing on Bonnie Hunter's 2018 mystery--I'm liking the color combinations.  So far, I've worked on two clues--making mistakes on both clues--oh, well.......I should read the instructions more carefully--really!  Take my time!  Read thoroughly!

Okay--what does this read to you?  2.5" unfinished--my brain
glazed right over that the "unfinished part" and went to download my sewing papers
for half square triangles

Now, what does this say at the top of the page??

2.5" FINISHED!!  (You can find these free half square papers
at quilting and what not--there are several sizes--)
Yes, so wrong!  I sewed several of these papers and the
brain kicked in----oh, no!  these need to be 2" finished!!

So back to the drawing board--I need to square up all these already sewn
to 2.5" unfinished!!
Thank goodness, I have this tool to make that process go quicker:
You line up on the stitching line that size you want the 
square to be--not pressed yet--and trim.

This tool is product of  New Leaf Stitches--it even trims the
'dog ears'!
Oh the joys of a mundane brain working overtime!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

S T

 Simply tempted to stitch up those circle granny squares designed by #beeLori1. She has begun a stitch along—so tempting!! You can find Lori...