Saturday, April 25, 2015

Linen Warp, Silk Weft


It is my good intention to finish this warp before the end of April--we have 6 days and counting.


What we have here is linen warp, set at 30 epi (ends per inch).  I used some handspun 2 ply brown cotton to space the warp after tying onto the beam.


Of course, there is Always a threading error when I weave--can you see it?  I use a straight pin to attach it back into the warp and anchor


we are weaving with handspun single silk--and there is another error--in fact, two errors to deal with.


Cut that off and begin again.  The trouble with this warp is that I used two different weights of linen, which means when in the dent the smaller warp doesn't fill in the space as well as the larger warp--make sense?


Here you can see the trouble--I also did a free form twill reverse threading and without thinking got the heddles to close--e.g.. 1-2-3-4-3-4-3-4--
Not going to take it out now--tomorrow I'll cut this off and begin again--sett at 24 epi
maybe, that will work better.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...