Thursday, April 9, 2015

From Where I Stand........................

 
Well, I'm standing knee deep in history!
and my eyes wander to the walls
that are lined with tapestries!
Rich silk threads woven through wool threads....
From where I'm standing I'm thinking about the person or persons who
spent many an hour of their lives creating these beautiful
masterpieces!
 
Lovely works of arts that were worked  in dark rooms

with little lighting

working fingers through the warp

Gobelins_Manufactory --royal factory supplying the court of Louis XIV and later monarchs

Yes, from where I'm standing these tapestries bring to life for me the weavers of early years!
could I be such a weaver at that time? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

L M N

 Love! Love! Love! Knitting Lace!  On marvelous needles!  This is Stephen West pattern, Glittering Snowscapes shawl I’ve had the pattern for...