Friday, June 11, 2010
On Track--we hope!
We are continuing on our American Barn Quilt Trail through the countryside via these quilt blocks thanks to Becky at Golden Thimble
These have some paper piecing and regular piecing involved which makes them a challenging block to work.
We are all caught up now with the completion of June barn.
Thank goodness, the jelly roll sampler is up to date and should soon be finished! My jelly roll is getting down to the bare minimum with dark strips.
This kit was purchased last summer and has definitely aged enough to be sewn up just in time for those sunflowers to raise their heads to the sun.
The machine quilting isn't the greatest, that's for sure. The sewing machine at the summer house didn't have a walking foot. So,on the next visit to Jo-Ann's store, a walking foot was bought--and that's a big chunk of change! But that little foot is worth it's weight in gold when doing any quilting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes! I Didn't Rememer!
I'm sure you have never done this! Put something away and think to yourself--"I'll remember what that is" or put it in a...
-
Do you make lists? I do! There was always a notebook stuck to the refrigerator and a pencil was nearby--need something at the grocery, jot...
-
Today would have been my dad's birthday --he was born in a small Missouri town--his history is completely lost! We know nothing ab...
-
Triaxial weaving ? many moons ago, I became familiar with this technique when I met the author of this book-- Mad Weave by Shereen LaPlan...
Where did you get the sunflower kit ? I think I must have this for my sunflower mad niece!
ReplyDeleteLove the barns!