Saturday, May 4, 2024

Old habits revived

 Years ago I had a habit of listening to podcasts on a regular basis.  That was the way I could listen to classic books that I never would read. Or learn unique and interesting tidbits in the knit world. 

Somehow, in this world of streaming services, that habit went to the wayside. There is a distraction to view videos, watch tv, or listen to an audiobook.  

Recently, I stumbled upon my old habits again and it feels so good! 

Cast on== a podcast about knitting!

Craft lit== a podcast on classics without pain!   At the present time, Emma by Jane Austin is being read.  The best part is the information you gain on Craftlit.

I'm happy to start those old habits back again! 

 But, now, I've picked up new habits-- more podcasts pop up.  There are those podcasts that I must listen to eg my brother’s music one--he interviews musicians that I've never heard of--it's all good.  He interviewed a candidate from American Idol who made it to third place--it was an interesting behind scenes of that show.  That podcast is "The Trout Show" 

You can find these podcasts plus other interesting ones to distract you and give you bad habits on many different platforms.

Thumbing through a few sites, I was reminded of books that were read years ago; books that were enjoyed.  Books that contain interesting information; books that should be read again.  Amazing how many words that have passed by my eyes.  I plan to revive these books! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stitchin' and Listenin' !!!

 We're just a stitchin' and a listenin' while we work! I'm on a roll...........all is going well........... Then...............