Sunday, February 13, 2022

PUrge Out point two!

It was time to purge the guest room bedroom closet !  What will we find? 

Forgotten cross stitch photos, stitched by brown head daughter in late 1980's.  She didn't sign the piece--what a shame I didn't ask her to put her initials on the beautiful piece.
This piece is also done by the same daughter.  There are also couple of pieces by blond headed daughter--love all these handworks so I'll find a good wall to place them again.

I've a storage bin where I kept all my name tags from every event, every convention, every conference -some of the tags are just printed on paper then slipped into a plastic sleeve.  It's amazing how many events I attended throughout the years.  This name tag above was a good thought at the time when there were only 20 attending but then when we gained more attendees, we gave the person the instructions along with the supplies to make the name tag for themselves--guess how many followed through?  Not many. 
The idea was to print name, etc on sticky label to put on the bottom of this name tag--okay, that idea went to the wayside.  I still have proof that we tried!

Some of the organizations where I served on boards as an officer presented elaborate name tags and even two gave me small quilts--these will be saved for sure.

How may save their ribbons from exhibits or fashion shows!??  Well, I did!
Out they go--nobody cares about these ribbons; although, I do have the photos proving I was honored to win these ribbons.

Alot of the name tags will be saved just because they are fancy--some have elaborate hangers.
I can tell you that I spent better part of the afternoon fingering each name tag and remembering the event and the people who were involved.
Onto another closet for purge out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old habits revived

 Years ago I had a habit of listening to podcasts on a regular basis.  That was the way I could listen to classic books that I never would...