Friday, September 3, 2021

Playing With Color

Recently, I pulled my handwoven towels off the loom--
it's not so easy to know what colors will interact properly when you
weave.  You think the fibers will intermingle good, but you never know--
even if you have woven and used fibers for ages.
luckily, these towels look pretty good.  I like the look of the weft as a plaid.
Crossing with a blue over the multi warp.--I really thought this would be a winner
and it is!

I've used orange, red, burgundy, orange, some yellow in the warp
and crossing with blue in spots--okay, I like that effect as well.


Here I played with excess amount of blue--don't know how I'll 
decide where to cut the towel--just plain fun using different colors in the weft.

And here I've used orange as a weft on the same warp--what a difference!

All hemmed and ready for gifting! 


I've been dyeing backing for my quilts--how cool is this!
I take my white backing and scrunch it into the dye pot--dry it is!
Put water to barely cover the fabric, pour the Teal dye all around
and steam for an hour or more.
Plenty of dye left for another 3 yards of fabric--different look---love it!
So, you can see that playing with color is a fun game and you never know
if you'll like the results or not--especially when you are weaving--it's not so
instant!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh! Pancakes!

 Yes!  Pancakes and peppered bacon!  Perfect breakfast!  On the Patio!  Pancakes can be for morning meal in your P Js or evening dinner in y...