Thursday, April 22, 2021

Loss

 Recently, we lost a friend through a tragic accident.  He was mid age but still in the prime of his life.  Why? Everyone was asking.  The grief and sorrow weigh down our souls--we think of him with every note of music played or every thought of how could this be; every photo we see.  There have been memorials for him and another one to be held end of the month.  I know it's a time to rejoice and celebrate his life but I can't help wondering--did I tell him how much I appreciated him when he was walking near me?  Did I say--"hello, how are you today?" enough.  Notice his presence in our small world--can we never say enough about close friends and family to remind them that each day they are a miracle to us!  

Now, we are all wanting to remember his life--but, that is not enough--he won't know how much we loved him or cared for him or his music--his smile was breath-taking and his statue was awe inspiring--he has left this worldly body.  We can't tell him how we felt about him!  oh, we'll hug each other tight and say--"oh, remember when this happen, or that day he played that song"--we'll smile and say, "we'll miss him"

I should have told him more often what he meant to me.......................................

I should have hugged him tighter when we met...................................

I should have declared he was my friend every single day........................................

I should have remembered that earthly life is fleeting and to seize each precious moment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

S T

 Simply tempted to stitch up those circle granny squares designed by #beeLori1. She has begun a stitch along—so tempting!! You can find Lori...