Sunday, April 25, 2021

Spin, Spun, Span

It was time to pull out the spinning wheel and get to work.
This is just one hank of my carded brown cotton that has aged well!
I grew brown cotton for years; harvested the bolls, hand ginned the seeds,
and since I'm lazy--I sent the bags off to be carded and placed into these hanks.
Mostly, purists of brown cotton will hand card their cotton into 
punis--rolags.
If you want to see a wonderful exhibit of Acadian textiles.

It just takes some patience and a few hours of treadling to produce a bobbin
filled with this rich lovely fiber!

Three bobbins full = time to ply!
I love spinning my home grown brown cotton!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

U V

Undulate means  to move in a wave-like pattern . If a sound increases and decreases in pitch or volume like waves, you can say the sound is ...