Sunday, February 21, 2021

Thawing Out!!!

It certainly been an interesting 2021 so far!  We thought life would be on track for
great things after 2020 shut in times.
No, 2021 brought us other complications to overcome--
RECORD cold temperatures, iced in, no power for days on end,
broken water pipes--NO water!
Which of these can you live without for days?
If you live in the Gulf Coast states, you know the hurricanes
can give you no water, no power and lots of Heat!
But, winter time--
No power is the pits!
We'd bundle up, sit in front of fireplace (if we are that privileged!)
layer, layer, layer!
For few days, I'd use my regular everyday socks--you know those
stretchy things
Then one bright morning, my mind thawed................
dumb dumb--why aren't you wearing a pair of your handspun,
handknit socks??
Duh!!

I pulled out the sock drawer and there they were!
Sooooo many--just waiting to be worn--to warm your feet
which in turn warms your body!
OH JOY!
pick one, any pair!

There are over 25 pair of socks in the drawer--each one a
different knit pattern

Oooh, I found my favorite ones!  The handspun angora ones--
that fiber came from my own rabbits--I would wear these socks
to demo spinning at the livestock show and let the kids touch my feet to 
feel what my bunny felt like-
I'm a happy camper now!  Feet warm!
Wished I thought of those socks last week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

S T

 Simply tempted to stitch up those circle granny squares designed by #beeLori1. She has begun a stitch along—so tempting!! You can find Lori...