Thursday, February 25, 2021

TBT...................

 Yes, it's throw back Thursday!  What memories do you have that you can throw your thoughts back to?

The other day I received a unexpected package in my mailbox.  I looked it over--"now, why would she send me this package?" I thought!  The secret was revealed when I opened up the flap--


Well, what to my wandering eyes did appear--this table mat--and I had the perfect spot for it in the front hallway on top of my Singer treadle sewing machine.  The top had been bare since January one when I took down the Christmas decorations--all that was there--our mask from Venezuelan artist.

Her letter stated, " I was thinking about one of our old friends (who has since gone to the happy weaving grounds in the sky" when I was going through all my handspun.  I thought of those good times spinning and dyeing with her and you along with the other members of our guild"  She continued,
"I'm sure she used natural dyes on these handspun yarns--maybe, goldenrod, or onion skins or maybe
cochineal.  Who knows?"
Well, I'm sure that our dear friend used natural dyes and I will cherish this TB gift.  It might have passed through two sets of hands to arrive to me and a spec of 20 + years but the memories of those 'olden' days resurface when I walk past the table mat to remember those days with friends.

Then, my mind wandered to my forgotten treasures lurking in the cedar chest--
I pulled out two of my first handspun projects--oh joy!  I've learned so much in the past
40 years!  Such bulky yarns, yet the brilliant natural dyes still remain!  
We did have such fun dyeing our handspun yarn--memories are good!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

U V

Undulate means  to move in a wave-like pattern . If a sound increases and decreases in pitch or volume like waves, you can say the sound is ...