Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Advent Knitting

 One of the ways I celebrate the season of Advent is to begin a new knitting project--each day there will be a pattern to knit--as I knit I might listen to The Bible Recap or a Christmas story or just place myself in the mood with some Christmas music.  Each day is a blessing--one that I'm happy to have that my hands can knit and my mind can rejoice!

My favorite knit along is a mystery designed by Tricia Weatherston--I think I've knitted the scarves the past 5 or 6 years.  This year is no different--Here is her description:  "It is a rectangular scarf. It is modular, knit in garter stitch of mitred squares. Dig into your fingering weight leftovers and gather as many or as few colours as you would like. My intention is for this year’s scarf to be colourful and cheerful in what has been a challenging year for all.

This scarf is a mystery knit, and the clues are released between 11pm and midnight. The first clue will be released on Nov 30,2020. The information pdf has a practice square, which is also the first square needed for the scarf.

The scarf is free until Dec 26th, 2020, at which time it will be taken down to amalgamate all the clues into one pdf and add images. Once it is back up on ravelry it will be for a fee."


Another Advent knit is designed by Julie Kubitsky
"This makes a square hap shawl. The center square is worked as a diamond from corner to corner fading thru 5 colors. Then you pick up around the edges of the square and work an old shale border with 2 repeats of old shale in each of the 5 colors."

Kat's Advent Scarf is one to use up all those tiny bits of yarn that just
sit in your stash!  
And away we go with our knitting during this Advent celebration!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Walk for JD

  Every April around this time of year, we sponsor a walk for our little great grandson, Jerry Daniel aka JD; he was born February 17, 2023 ...