Saturday, November 21, 2020

Treadling We Go!

The fever has struck!  I pulled out some dyed cotton baggies that have been aging for some time now--
I've been wanting to spin these colorful fibers--actually, I want to downsize my stash!
Is that possible?
Let's begin with these two--

This nicely dyed fiber is 80% Pima and 20% Mohair--

spins smoothly.  It took me about 5 hours to do 2 oz.



Now to go to the other bag--80% Pima Cotton, 10% Mohair, 10% cashmere--whoop whoop!  Luxury mixed with plain Pima cotton!  

When I placed them side by side--it's not the same red, is it?  The one on the left has more blue color--
Guess it doesn't matter when they're plied together, it will look great!
I'm off to ply these two together and share the combination 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Walk for JD

  Every April around this time of year, we sponsor a walk for our little great grandson, Jerry Daniel aka JD; he was born February 17, 2023 ...