Thursday, November 12, 2020

Fall Comes.....................................Acorns Drop!

  A friend gifted me a huge bag of Acorns that dropped around campus==these are nice fat acorns!  I set out to make fabric acorns for house decorations and gifts for friends.  First, I baked all the shells--who wants any bugs in their decorations?!  Once, they had cooled, I set about make a pattern for these interesting accents.  The first ones I made were with plaid cotton fabric, not happy with those, I remembered I had a box of wool scraps--let's get cutting and deciding how to go about this.

I used a 3" circle--worked great.  Cut many circles

Cut slits even around by marking in half each way
Folded in half and stitch a dart
By sewing in each quarter, you have an acorn top--then
I wanted to do a short cut and decided not to cut the slits
And just folded the circle in half and sewed the dart in each direction--
that way worked too and saved some time. Next step was to sew a gathering 
stitch around the circle, pull up, stuff with fiber fill, pull up thread,
glue inside acorn half and place top--
There you have it!!  My acorn decorations for fall--
Was thankful my friend gifted me with these--in
turn I gifted her with a small basket stuffed with these goodies!






No comments:

Post a Comment

X Y Z

 X Y Z   The slang phrase XYZ, meaning “examine your zipper,”  has been used since at least the 1960's  These letters are used for const...