Sunday, October 27, 2019

Wheels R Turnin'!

During the days of the World Series, the wheel was turning!
So Fast!  It was to keep my feet and hands busy so I
didn't get upset about missed catches, bad calls or
runs for the other team--may the best team win though!
I remember World Series from my teen years--games
were Yankees and Dodgers always, it seemed!
The games were even played over the speaker during our classroom
times--how about that?!!

Anyway, here is what I'm spinning:
Luxury--for sure!  nice in the hand--lovely finish and perfect
for knitting project, that's whirling in my brain

Here are the fibers:  Merino, silk and yak--how
fancy is that!  Roving from Gale's Art--


There are these short dark fibers mixed into the roving--
easy to pull out and set aside and there aren't many
of them

Bobbin is almost full and ready to ply--will keep my toes
a tappin'
Here's the other bobbin I finished--Need
to wind off and ply

This is the colorful roving--named Abode


From this lovely lady in Oregon--she puts amazing
combinations of colors in her dye pot!

This one is waiting in the wings--we'll see if I get to it soon.
Loving this time to spin to my heart's content1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Walk for JD

  Every April around this time of year, we sponsor a walk for our little great grandson, Jerry Daniel aka JD; he was born February 17, 2023 ...