Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Silken Works



For Years, In the back of my mind, I've thought of a silken pillow case--one
that will feel so soft. and smooth.    If I could spin the silk for that pillowcase,
I would be so happy.  Spin the silk, weave the yardage--
what a goal!!
Any idea how much silk it takes to weave a pillowcase?
Me neither!  I know I can do it--I did spin a brick of  bombyx 
for daughter's wedding dress--that was 30 years ago.  I know I can
spin silk again--it's just time consuming; little bit at a time--
I spin!  The bobbins fill slowly.......

This is plied from two bobbins that were spun several
months ago


My make do "lazy kate"--works well--a good way to
ply when on the road......
ahh, silk through the fingers--such a lovely feel and
I keep thinking about that silk pillowcase that my head
will fall on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

U V

Undulate means  to move in a wave-like pattern . If a sound increases and decreases in pitch or volume like waves, you can say the sound is ...