Saturday, June 23, 2018

On The Loom...................

From my cotton handspun bin I'm using every one of
plied cottons I have to warp my loom--I had indigo dyed cotton, white
cotton, brown cotton and some blue jean cotton ( recycled stuff)
The handspun cotton bin is becoming empty--
means I must begin spinning cotton again
and SOON!

This warp is tied on from the previous warp, which was
random  commercial 8/2 cotton warp -but, there is nothing
like natural cotton-- love the
look and feel of real cotton

The best part is knowing I spun all this fiber--

There is no rhyme or reason to the way the warp is set up--
just random--I like to do that with my warps--
weft is handspun cotton--right now, a shot of brown
and a shot of white--threaded 1-2-3-4 with direct tie-up
so if I want to do a twill I can.
Plain weave for now--
love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...