Thursday, June 21, 2018

Scratching My Head...................

I've been going through my handspun stash; looking for singles to
ply for future projects.  One major problem--I'm not sure what
the fiber is!  Well, when I spun it and placed it in a special bag,
I didn't label it--I said to myself "I'll remember what this is"
Now, we are several years down the road and
guess what, my memory has failed me!!
Why didn't I write on the bag what the fiber was?!!
Stupid!  So now, I'm playing a guessing game


This is plying up nicely--good feel to the fingers--
can't be linen--I hate to spin linen!


We're going to do the burn test --Maybe,
it's hemp--I do KNOW it's a natural fiber--
all the manmade fibers are in another box...
oh, well...we'll see soon.  

Now, THIS is silk!! That I know for sure--
and it's dyed with indigo!  Singles and
what a mess!  What happen with this ball?!
only the fiber goblins know--
I'll try to ply--if not, I can use it as singles--
silk is strong and almost unbreakable.

I'm off to dig in my stash again--wonder
what finds are there?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

U V

Undulate means  to move in a wave-like pattern . If a sound increases and decreases in pitch or volume like waves, you can say the sound is ...