Monday, June 25, 2018

Recycle--Reuse

these “recycled” denim fibers are leftovers from the “makin’ o’ the blue jeans” at the mills. Fibre Garden has a photo of the waste before it is
processed into roving
I know this fiber was popular many moons ago and
recently when I was stash diving, I found a hank of this 
lovely soft fiber--aha, it was time to spin for my
handspun cotton towels that are on the loom--
they need more blue and I wasn't in the mood
to set up an indigo vat


It spins up nicely--
One bobbin finished and balled!

As you can see, some of the singles plied on itself--
I put too much twist so it was a
challenge to ply and get an even yarn--
but I did it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh! Pancakes!

 Yes!  Pancakes and peppered bacon!  Perfect breakfast!  On the Patio!  Pancakes can be for morning meal in your P Js or evening dinner in y...