Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Mustgo!!

There is the day when you look in the fridge and see lots of leftovers!  Then you decide--it will be
MUSTGO night!!  That means everything leftover must go into one dish or maybe two and this evening there will be two dishes--main meal and dessert.

These were the last of the peaches--the season is coming to a close

I found a pie crust in the freezer--always good to have one on hand just 
for these occasions.  Place pie crust in tin, load it up with sliced peaches
and some strawberries that were lingering--little sugar and for some
spice I added basil--
my poor little plant!  The ones in the herb bed are toast so I purchased
this little one at the grocery--It will grow--I hope it wasn't traumatized
when I cut some leaves!


I made a crumble from oats, butter and I needed a binder--
didn't have flour so I used pancake mix (just a little)
Here is aside:  
In the pantry was this mix from Pioneer Baking Company, San 
Antonio, TX.  Here is the interesting fact about the founder--
he had his first mill down the road from us here in Hill
Country and now his ancestors have opened a winery--called
1851 because that was when the land was settled.  The original 
house still stands on the property--way cool, huh?!

okay, when I served this dish, I spooned out a big glop of
vanilla ice cream--delicious!!

Now for the main entree:
We had a baked potato and all the fixings from a dinner out, plus
an onion, broccoli and cheese--pimento cheese at that--I
bought it and didn't like the taste as a spread--hate to throw
out anything--so figured it would work in this dish

Little butter in the pan, saute onions and broccoli till
soften, dump in all the little tins (sour cream, bacon, butter, cheese) from baked potato,
add chunks of potato, some milk and that pimento cheese spread.
give it a taste!  Well, that's mighty tasty!

I kept adding that pimento cheese to the dish--
it worked using it this way!
Dinner was served!  Cheesy broccoli potato soup--
found two slices of garlic bread in the freezer-heated those up
and we had a nice dinner!
Sometimes, Mustgo night turns out pretty good!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

S T

 Simply tempted to stitch up those circle granny squares designed by #beeLori1. She has begun a stitch along—so tempting!! You can find Lori...