Thursday, May 9, 2013

CRAFTSY

I'm so in love! Yes! in love with this website:
Craftsy


This website allows me to see, hear and experience many of my favorite designers in the fiber industry. I'm able to take them with me everywhere I go................and learn from each one on my own time schedule--whether it's 3 AM or 8 AM or 10 PM. My classes are always within reach--through the internet! And if you need to rewind--the button is right there!!

At the present time, I'm learning about double knitting--one technique I thought I would never use, but then when these names popped up with classes, I was IN!

Alasdair Post-Quinn, Cambridge, MA learned double-knitting, a technique which can be used to make knitted fabric with no wrong side. He has written a book entitled "Extreme Double-Knitting" which was published in October of 2011 on Cooperative Press.


Lucy Neatby is leading a class in Adventures in Double Knitting. Lucy with her quirky hair color and lovely accent keeps your attention on the screen. Lucy is a technical knitter, who loves to find out why things work. Her approach to design is heavily influenced by whatever technique is currently absorbing her. She has a different way of describing how knitting works.

So, needless to say, I'm so IN on this technique.

Don't think there isn't anything but knitting at Craftsy.com--there is sewing, cake decorating, quilting, spinning, dyeing, home decor, cheese making--oh, my gosh! so many wonderful things to learn! Check them out! Each week there is a sale on some classes--and who doesn't like a sale?!
Now, back to my double knitting class.................................


No comments:

Post a Comment

Noah’s ARC

870 acres!!  You can not imagine how this impacts your life.   On our journey to this destination, we read the story of Noah and the buildin...