So, you want to enter a juried show/exhibit? Here are some measures you can establish to give you a better handle on what jurors look at in their process.
1) have a strong web presence (website)
2) have good photography, include details of work
3) keep your information updated often
4) entering exhibit--submit max # of images allowed (jurors have different opinions on some work; more entries increase the odds of selection of at least one piece for the show)
5) Develop newsletter: quarterly is sufficient. Include exhibit/new work; always add and expand your email list
6) mail your portfolio to establish interest, include CD of images, write letter of interest, include media lists along with size of work and year made
7) DO research!!
The current exhibit at HCCC now are weavings by Lia Cook, Bridge 11: Lia Cook is part of the biennial Bridge Exhibition Series organized by the Society for Contemporary Craft in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
And then, members presentation of talent!
|In February the Federation of Texas Fiber Artists held their conference in San Antonio and members showed their workshop samples. This was felted pouch using embellishments.|
|The backside of the pouch.|
|This was portion of a scarf purchased from the vendor area.|
|This was another scarf purchased-- it was knitted with different fibers and fabric.|
|This fiber artist is studying Batik and showed several of her recent pieces.|
|She employed stitching techniques to give the work texture and highlights.|
|This silk piece was just one of many she had to show.|
|The latest piece of work she is stitching on at the present time.|