Wednesday, September 9, 2026

This and That

 Winter or cool weather is a-comin' !!  How can I tell?  First off, when you shop--everything is becoming fallish colors!  Yes, I purchased an autumn throw with lovely warm colors.  That's not the only sign —at the grocery--fall foods pop up--pasta in the shape of fall items--adverts are spilling out with 'pumpkin spice latte' !  Then, the first sign------- Ravelry's new patterns are mostly warm clothing--sweaters!  sweaters! sweaters!  I'm not one to knit a sweater--that's a lot of knitting! 

And the county fairs begin--lots of parades, rodeos, judging of different foods--some receive blue ribbons even.

I find myself pulling out fall quilts to hang, to sling over the bannister rails, throw on beds, etc. etc.  And then there is the music!  Yes,  toe tapping music.  Okay, it's still warm outside.  Your recipes even want to lean towards hot warm meals instead of cool weather foods.  There is the slight idea we will be enjoying the patio again soon.  

Let’s talk lists.  On our road trips our ears are tuned to podcast “This is Vinyl Tap”—recently they mentioned —1000 albums you should hear before you die!    We jumped on that list!  So far, we’ve knocked off five albums on that list as we go top to bottom. There is an app that will spit out an album randomly too. 

  My list of books to be read is growing by the day--so many good books being released.  As I type, I'm listening to an audio book--yay!!

So what are we knitting to wade into fall?  Quick and easy is my go to!  Fall dish cloth for the kitchen knit in fall colors 

This September dishcloth fromThe Kitchen Sink Shop

Garlene also has an offer for these short socks.  Going on my needles soon too.

My sewing has been limited lately--trying to finish a quilt--slow and easy is the rule of the 
But, from Quilt Fabrication comes a good list of fall themed quilt blocks--this would be fun to create--just what I need, something else to add to my list!


Needing a stitching pattern?  Here is a cute fall theme for your needle!  This comes from pinker N pumpkin quilting


 Warping the loom is on the list as well.  Son asks for tea towels--so the warp is being prepared.  
Do you need a list?  Best to write it down! So, you can check it off!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

This and That

 Winter or cool weather is a-comin' !!  How can I tell?  First off, when you shop--everything is becoming fallish colors!  Yes, I purcha...