Thursday, July 14, 2022

Wheels Keep On Spinning!

The Other day my friend, Nancy, posted that she was spinning angora bunny fluff with a drop spindle
for her Tour de Fleece challenge!
Well, I admire her alot for using a drop spindle to spin such fine fluffy stuff from another friend's rabbits.  That post definitely jogged my memory!  
I have bunny fluff too!
Fluff from the angora rabbits I raised in late 1980's!  I hurry to my fiber closet and low and behold, there is a huge bin filled with angora fiber--all unspun, except for a couple of balls.
I'd completely forgotten about this bin!
Here is the bin--pretty full!  It was compacted until I took off the lid and then
poof!  Air took over and the fiber went bonkers!

It feels so good running your fingers through it--so I took this as my challenge to spin
for at least two days of racing.

Here are the few balls that were included in the bin.  
Then memories come flooding back--one of my major juried pieces was handspun angora, woven on a silk warp.
Loved weaving this luxury shawl!  Now, it rests in my cedar chest.

I also knitted angora socks--I wore them when I did spinning demos--especially at the rodeo where there were large crowds.  Kids always want to feel the fiber so I let them pet my feet--the more they were petted, the fluffier the socks became--also kept my feet nice and warm on those cold winter days.

My ear warmer was a great knitted addition to my wardrobe.  Now, we live in a southern state where winters are milder, I don't use it much--just love to look at it and know it's there when needed.
I'm so glad my friend prompted me to remember about my box of fluff!




No comments:

Post a Comment

S T

 Simply tempted to stitch up those circle granny squares designed by #beeLori1. She has begun a stitch along—so tempting!! You can find Lori...