Tuesday, July 5, 2022

?What?

It always feels good when you finish a project!!
This one project was a problem though!  The pattern is "Sweet Dreams" from Pat Sloan
The quilt blocks were to represent "Sweets" but in my mind I wanted to make a patriotic top

Here is my version, without borders--I don't think borders are needed for this quilt.
Problem?  I thought I had the right amount blocks to construct--well, not so!  Guess I
can't count!  I had the inner pieces ready and arranged right--it was the outer section that was the problem--bummer!  I didn't make all the blocks--Needed three more!  That took more time--and I didn't have the energy to work on it--one day I said, "Self, get it together!  Finish that quilt top!"
and here it is--ready for the long arm.


I've been saving 'strings' from numerous projects--The box was overflowing--can't bring myself to throw them away--so here is my next two or three projects in that box!

I'm making string blocks--this is on the design wall--funny, how the camera 'eye' sees it different than the human eyes.. 
Since I have so many strings, I'm using them as borders on my 2.5" blocks
Okay, I know the strings are not all the same size--doesn't bother me at all!  In the end it will be trimmed to fit the size--
Why not make some log cabin blocks with the strings--sure--no problem! 
At first, I used paper to sew the strings on; not easy to tear off the paper--forget that--
when making log cabin,  choose a center square and sew around--If it ends up more that 8.5", take the scissors or rotary blade and trim!
Back to emptying the never ending string box!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...