Wednesday, July 21, 2021

One Fabric

There was a challenge thrown out on Facebook group--Quilts R Us--I just ignored it!
I don't need another project at this time.  Then, of all people, a friend challenged me
to take up the challenge--how could I refuse a friend?
All you had to do was choose a number between #1 and #15.  Me thinking it had to do
with how many quilt tops you made within the challenge time--chose the number 3.
seemed right to me.
Then, then, then the leader of Quilts R Us told us what our number meant--
What?? Number 3 means to do a One Block Wonder??  I've never done a
one block wonder!  Never wanted to do a one block wonder! 
Can I change numbers?  NO!  was the answer!  I'm stuck with One
Block Wonder--
Okay--now to do research--I don't want to buy a book--I won't do another
One Block Wonder--YouTube videos are a huge help!
Now, to choose a fabric--from my stash--I don't want to buy a new fabric--
four(yes 4 yards) are required to make a quilt--

Searching through my stash for at least 3 yards--I AM NOT doing
a whole quilt!!!  I found this fabric--I have no other use for it at the
present time--maybe, this will work.
I cut my 6 sections of fabric required and line them up--it states it
must be perfectly lined up--one on top of the other--
I did my best-- cut the first 4" section--oh, then I
read instructions that you needed a special ruler--off to find that
ruler since of course, I didn't have that one in my numerous rulers.


Ruler arrived and I cut the pie wedges and then I played with the
wedges.
turning this way and that to see what I could get
out of these wedges.


Okay, now I'll sew the wedges together--
which wasn't hard to do--three together and then
the other three and seam them across the middle

I had enough of the pie wedges sewn to do a layout--
Not finished yet--and it was only going to be a table runner!!
Then I read the rules again--the minimum size is
LAP size--oh Joy! 
I guess it's a challenge--which takes me out of my comfort zone
well, I'm definitely outside that box and I'm squirming!--
 
check in later to see if I complete and how it will look--
I have a deadline of December 31!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

X Y Z

 X Y Z   The slang phrase XYZ, meaning “examine your zipper,”  has been used since at least the 1960's  These letters are used for const...