Sunday, July 18, 2021

July-August Reads

 


Here comes the dog days of heat!  Here is my stack of books I'd like to get 
through--
Now, I'm reading Michael Jecks "Rebellion's Message--setting 1550--
Main character is Jack Blackjack--cut purse--very interesting to read
about the 'low life" of this time period--we have read all of his Templar
books--fascinating! 

Off and on I read from Bernie Nelson's "Honky Tonk Angels"--
Bernie is our singer-songwriter friend, who has been on the Nashville
country music scene for many years.  He took his passion of music
to seek out God' handiwork in the creation of the biggest songs in
Country Music--great read!

Jeffrey Archer series--Clifton Chronicles-- I have book one, two and
three in the series--don't know why I got all three at one time--hoping I 
like following this family!  

C. J. Box--this is a set of two of his books--"Back of Beyond and Badlands"
featuring Cody Hoyt and Cassie Dewell--this is first and third books
of Highway series--I have already ready "The Highway", book #2--

The above books were found on Paperback Swap--except
for Bernie's book--it was a gift from him.

and of course, my major Number One read is
THE Bible--followed up by listening to THE BIBLE RECAP
podcast on Podbean!

These should keep me busy for a few weeks!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

X Y Z

 X Y Z   The slang phrase XYZ, meaning “examine your zipper,”  has been used since at least the 1960's  These letters are used for const...