Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Seek and you Shall Find--Evidently!

Either you love Youtube or you hate it!  I've found some useful articles, photos and videos on this popular social network.  Just recently, An article about a Navajo weaver winning best of show appeared on my news feed--move over--Here I come to do more research--you see, I enjoy Navajo weaving A LOT!
I've taken several weaving and dyeing workshops with Navajo weavers--I have collected Navajo weavings and I cherish each and every one.
Navajo Times had the article and photo of  Isabel Deschinny
doing a review of her award winning piece of
Navajo natural dyes and weavings--

Many moons ago I took a natural dyeing workshop
with Isabel in Taos--what great knowledge she
offered.  Not only is she a weaver and dyer, but her
mother was Mabel Burnside-Myers!  The one and
only, who produced this piece

I have had this wonderful weaving/dyeing chart for years and I searched
and searched to see the maker, to no avail,
then I met Isabel and she told us the story of
her mother's work--each piece is individually woven
on a small loom and Mabel was not given any credit-
no wonder I couldn't find a maker.
So happy to have a maker's name with an outstanding work of art!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old habits revived

 Years ago I had a habit of listening to podcasts on a regular basis.  That was the way I could listen to classic books that I never would...