Sunday, February 9, 2020

Books! Books! Books!

Let's talk books--yes, we can talk books forever as far as I'm concerned!  I love books--the smell of the paper--oh yes, you can read on a screen, but there is nothing like turning the page in a book!


We have many shelves throughout the house filled with books!

There are books for reading, books for research, picture books,
children books, silly books, serious books, books for
fiber, etc.
Our granddaughter received a book for her Christmas gift and she
was so happy--needless to say, she is 29 years old-- she
is still excited to begin reading this specific book--she thumbed through the
pages and ahh, the smell of fresh ink rose to my nostril--and I
was happy also! 

I picked up these two books to add to my reading list;
recommended by fellow blogger.
Paulette Jiles:  "News of the World"--a post civil war Texas book--
I'm reading this book now and can't put it down!  
I've read couple of other Paulette books which were quite interesting.

Williams Kent Krueger:  "This Tender Land"  a story from 1932, an
adventure with orphan lads--I'm familiar with Krueger's writing
about Cork O'Connor mysteries--all taking place in Minnesota

Just received this one from Paperback swap the
other day--first few pages are page turners!!

You don't have to read only with your eyes--you can listen to a book!
We listened to this terrific book about Sam Houston and
the history of Texas as we traveled--made the trip seem short--


How can you read more books in 2020??  Seven Easy Habits suggestions from
Scott Young-- if you follow these habits, you can read more books--
Read, Read, Read


No comments:

Post a Comment

Old habits revived

 Years ago I had a habit of listening to podcasts on a regular basis.  That was the way I could listen to classic books that I never would...