Sunday, September 29, 2019

Recycling?

 May moons ago, I was weaving constantly!  I do mean constantly!  I wove many yards of fabric--most of that yardage went into my 'secret' stash bin.  Just recently, I was rearranging the closet where
the bin set--thought, why not see what's in that bin?  it was yards and yards of handwoven fabric!
Why not do something with all this lovely fabric?  
I turned them into dish cloths--that's what I did!
Some were cotton--like this one with slubs of color;
most were plain weave structure

some were linen

this was 10H weave, when I had that loom--it is
 structure drafted from my last name--cotton

I also found handspun (warp and weft) indigo dyed cotton yardage that I used for my
costume when I worked at 1790's plantation--some of my
very first handspun cotton too--not such a great job--
it was effective for what I used it for.
I've been hemming these towels for the past few days--
thinking about those days when I treadled away!
do I give them as a gift?  Use them myself?
Anyway, I've recycled from one stash bin--
to another!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Walk for JD

  Every April around this time of year, we sponsor a walk for our little great grandson, Jerry Daniel aka JD; he was born February 17, 2023 ...