Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Potholders............................

I bet your potholders look better than mine!  No matter how often I wash them--there is always that faded look and I get tired of seeing the same ones over and over again--I know, that's not a big deal to some.
here are the ones in my towel bin now--

I love. love the ones I made from this pattern and usually if I give
a gift it is using this pattern and I make it from handwoven fabric

This one was a gift from a dear friend--it has been
used so much but every time I use it, I think
of her.
I decided I needed some new hot pad holders!  I've been
thinking about all those 'orphan' blocks I have--
than that light bulb went off in my head--
those could be used to make some really neat
hotpads!  
I found this tutorial--yep!  

These were orphan blocks--the mittens were from an exchange 
that was done about 20 years ago--one on the left was hand stitched
motif that I didn't know what to do with--problem solved!
 another orphan star block--turned into a nice size potholder!
These two were handwoven pouches that were used for
name tags--always wanted to use them--found that
potholders were the perfect answer!
in each potholder, I used two layers of this teflon shield
fabric--works well along with two layers of cotton batting.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Walk for JD

  Every April around this time of year, we sponsor a walk for our little great grandson, Jerry Daniel aka JD; he was born February 17, 2023 ...