Thursday, April 5, 2018

Tools/Tricks of the Trade

As progress of the Clementine Quilt Along continues,
I'm learning more and more about shortcuts to speed 
cutting along.

This is March block--on the website.
Mine is still on the sewing machine table

All the pieces have been cut, marked and sewn along
the correct lines--
Chain stitching is a must when you want speed.

I found these nifty little gadgets work well when you
are trying to square up half square triangles. There are two rulers in each
package ( Slotted Trimmers by Kari Carr)

These need to be trimmed to 2" unfinished--best part is
the slots to cut off 'dog ears' too!
I was sewing along merrily--all blocks were sewn together--
well, crunch berries--thread had run out of the bobbin!!
I hate when that happens--so I quit for the day!
Then I re-read the directions for the blocks and see that
directions call for 12.5" block AND 20.5" block!
For the past three months, I've only done the 12.5"
Guess I'll go back and make the larger blocks........
so much for reading the directions first time around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

S T

 Simply tempted to stitch up those circle granny squares designed by #beeLori1. She has begun a stitch along—so tempting!! You can find Lori...