Monday, April 9, 2018

Hat Addiction........

this is my latest addiction!! HATS!
Do I need an intervention?!  Not yet please!
I'm having too much fun!
Hats, hats and more hats!  I see a pattern
and think it needs to be knitted--plenty of
stash yarns to use for these projects.

Recently, one of my favorite hat designers, Woolly Wormhead,
offered free patterns for her blog followers--Join
her Woolly Hat Society--she has some awesome hat patterns.
All Finished!

I could sit and knit her hats all day long-I learn something
new--with this pattern I learned a new cast on method-
alternate cable--gives a nice beginning edge.   I had several balls
of Cumulus leftover from another knit along--Sequential 
is based on Fibonacci sequence.

This fun  Classic Beanie is such an easy knit and
the construction is fabulous!  I'm knitting with yarn that
I bought for another project but never did that project--
Alaska Yarns was the supplier--the yarn is so soft
and easy to knit with
The yarn is "pooling" --that doesn't
bother me--makes for an interesting look.
As I'm knitting with this interesting yarn,
-this looks like a landscape

and the other side of the hat

Finished!  So fun to knit--was afraid I'd messed up
the ending--but all is well--great way to get a
finished hat.

Of course, I've found another hat pattern to
knit....do I dare?!
Origami Knit--the finish on this thing is fascinating! 

And here is the April Hat of the Month:

Finlandia pattern by Paige Buursma
Finlandia by Paige Buursma
Finlandia is a fitted, worsted-weight beanie that is knitted in the round from the brim to the crown. The repeated tree motif is made from basic lace stitches (K2tog, YO, and SSK).
The designer suggested Malabrigo Yarn--perfect!  It's in my stash!




--


No comments:

Post a Comment

S T

 Simply tempted to stitch up those circle granny squares designed by #beeLori1. She has begun a stitch along—so tempting!! You can find Lori...