Sunday, June 9, 2024

Sorting

During the past month, I've been sorting--it has been slides!  !Old slides!  Ones that we have not looked at for many moons--who gets out their projector and bring the family together to have a showing?  Not us!  Besides I think family members wouldn't care to view these old things now--but, but, it could be a howling good time!  To see the old cars, old houses, old clothing, and tons of scenery!  I remember a couple of times, at viewings, I wanted to walk away in the dark.  Once, we had friends who toured New Zealand and wanted us to see their slides--oh Joy!  It was an agonizing two hours!
Another time, at a conference, one leader had a 'ton' of slides on baskets!  Gee whiz!  We begged for bathroom intermission and promptly slipped out of the building--! 
So, I will not torture family or friends!

We have some slides on carousel--many carousels!!  As I pulled out the boxes and boxes, I thought to myself, this is going to be a long tedious job.  Then, hubby says out of the blue--"I'm pretty sure I uploaded those to our cloud" !  Really??!!  Why did you keep all those boxes then?
he gave me a weird answer--thought you'd want them in the future!  Just mo!ve on!

When we moved mother out of her house into assisted living, she had boxes of these slides

She had a projector for her slide trays and we have projector for our carousels--what to do with them?

Then there were other boxes of slides

and sheets of slides
Do you have any idea how long it takes to figure out what we have. 
I did find that some of these sheets of slides are photos of my work that was submitted to galleries.
in those days, you need to submit several slides of your work--marking on the slides right side up with an arrow.  Description was to be written with your name, title of piece, method of medium.
That was fun for me to walk though those days of art works submittance and rejects.
slides of my work for commercial places and religious pieces donated to churches. 

The other day our granddaughter came to visit with our great grandson.  She saw the reminders of carousels and trays sitting on tables—“what are these?  What do you do with them?”  She had so many questions!  I realized that she never had anything in her life like slides.  Her parents had a movie camera to catalog her life.  I wanted to dig out the projectors right then; alas, we didn’t have time—we’ll need to set up a slide night—maybe, they won’t be too bored after all! She ask if she could take a sleeve of slides of her as a baby to show her hubby. 

Outter boxes for the inner boxes
I decided to donate the carousels and trays to charity organizations.  I have no idea if anyone uses these anymore--I'm trying to find a way to 'recycle some of the slides'  especially ones of the kids as they were small.  Maybe, they would like to see those--maybe, not.
Still sorting as I type--it seems to be an never ending job just as viewing was!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lost in Books

Last weekend our local library held their annual book sale in the Market Platz--There were tables and tables filled with BOOKS!  Oh my!  So ...