Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Quilting We Go

Many hands and many hearts is sponsoring their annual block drive--if you like to use stash to build blocks for worthy causes, consider this one. The block is to be fall colors, titled 

The blocks will be assembled to make charity compassion quilts 

If this is something you're interested in, check out their website--Quilting is more fun than housework

I need to spend some time gathering my tops to quilt.  Since we don't have the use of long arm machines at our local quilt shop anymore, I"m learning new ways to accomplish quilting on my tops.  I did finish one quilt via domestic sewing machine; now, I have this one ready to hand quilt--I ordered a stencil for open areas.

  It's been years since I hand quilted--looking forward to that in my spare time.

I have several loose blocks that have no top idea so those I'm quilting by machine individually and decide how to arrange them once quilted. 
Once I've cut backing and batting, the blocks are layered and then the blocks are ready to be quilted by machine.  Using stitch in ditch method, it didn't take long to quilt the block.

I have a stack of 10" blocks.  sandwich as usual and stitch.  On these, I did stitch in the ditch for a few; then got bored and did an elongated zip zap stitch across the block--
coming up--how I sew them together.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lost in Books

Last weekend our local library held their annual book sale in the Market Platz--There were tables and tables filled with BOOKS!  Oh my!  So ...