Sunday, October 8, 2023

At Loose Ends

 After all the hurried frenzy of JD's fundraiser, life feels so empty!  Have you ever had that let down feeling once you have completed an important task?  You just don't know what to do with yourself--Guess the best way to get over that feeling is to find another task that will take you to that feeling again!

Back to reality for sure--

Picked up the September dishcloth of the month to hopefully (!) finish before I begin on October's pattern.  I have plenty of hand-spun yarn on hand, so that's not a problem.  These patterns are provided free by Garlene.  September's pattern was named Appeltaart, very simple pattern to knit.

I have another hat on the needles, using stash yarn--this is something I can pick up and just knit!  I've made a number of these caps--mindless knitting!

OH--I did locate hubby's socks, that I've (maybe intentional) forgotten about--but, guess what?  the yarn and unfiished socks just keep getting buried to the bottom of the pile of things I really want to do!
At loose ends about those darn socks!!

Since October is National Breast Cancer Awarness month, Moda fabrics is sponsoring this quilt along with Camille Roskelley using her fabric collection, along with quilt blocks a 'pink' taste.  The QAL began October 3 and runs through November. Stitch along with your best Pink!

There was a bit of disappointing news this week from our local quilt shop--they will no longer rent their long arm quilting machines--real bummer!  my friend and I have been using their machines for over a year and have gotten a lot of tops quilted.  Now, we will need to regroup and learn a different way to quilt those tops!  Research is ongoing as I type!  
It will be a new adventure, for sure.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leftovers

Leftovers!  What to do with leftovers?  Never know what to do with all these leftovers--hate to pitch them.  It's all good stuff and sho...