Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Busy June!

Yes, it has been a busy June!  And it's just going to get busier before we hit July!

Jessica Dayon is hosting TWO quilt alongs this summer--this one will begin
June 25!  It's Christmas village quilt along--I did her earlier village quilt-which is still
on her website--great fun to create cute houses for a village.

This is the other one she is hosting--each week a different block--hopefully, by Christmas it 
will be ready to quilt---if only I had begun!

I've had this kit since February 2020--bought it at QuiltCon in Austin--
this thing has been staring me in the face for months and yesterday
I decided to tackle it!  It wasn’t hard to cut out--you can find digital
My fabrics were different--lots of orange tones and purple (yuck!) but
it works!

Laid it out on floor to assemble and sew the rows together!
Border?? That's the question--it's just the right size for laps now.
Added border to Pat Sloan "Home" top--I'm thinking I'll add another
border--just looks like of blah now! 
Decided to call it quits on this orphan quilt--borders?
No--I'm finished!  just need to quilt and bind!
How busy has your June been?









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old habits revived

 Years ago I had a habit of listening to podcasts on a regular basis.  That was the way I could listen to classic books that I never would...