Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Searching for An Avocado

 The other day I was in mood to bake--nothing fancy or elaborate; something simple and ready to eat within a few minutes--and let's make it chocolatey and chomped full of nuts!  I found my favorite Keto recipe--all the ingredients on hand--just needed to find that one avocado.  In order to find that necessary ingredient, I must clean out the freezer--

I freeze my avocadoes when they get ripe and there is no immediate use  for them--freezing keeps them fresh, green and handy when you need to satisfy an urgent quest.  One problem --the freezer is packed!! with all sorts of other sundry items.



Hubby says 'why don't you label what's in the package?'  I say--"Oh, I'll remember!"  Yeah right like I will!!  I think it's more fun when you have to guess! And it can be a surprise what you pull out to prepare for dinner.  

I remember many years ago, one grocery store had a sale on unlabeled can goods--think they were like 10 cents a can--I bought up plenty and each night, it was a 

surprise and fun to see what we were having--one night we had green beans and peaches!  that was a delightful meal--kids loved it!  Oh, you could shake the can to see if it moved or was solid--guessing--hmm, refried beans? 

Each item in my freezer is a surprise when I pull it from it's frozen haven--oh, somethings, I can see what it is but when it's in a container--not so easy unless you pop off the top--and then you still can make out what it's suppose to be.

I digress--I found the one avocado I needed for my recipe--and carefully placed everything back in a freezer space--going on to happily mixed up the batter for those delicious avocado chocolate cookies-- they smell so yummy when baking--

You are probably wondering where is the recipe--I'm gladly sharing here: 
Chocolate Avocado Cookies
It only takes one avocado--frozen or not for some delicious low carb goodness.  We serve one of these cookies topped with fresh sliced fruit and no sugar added whip cream--delicious!





 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Noah’s ARC

870 acres!!  You can not imagine how this impacts your life.   On our journey to this destination, we read the story of Noah and the buildin...