Friday, March 12, 2021

Down The Rabbit Hole.................................

 If you look to the side margins of this blog you will find the link to the Color Block challenge--I didn't participate in January and February challenges--then all the quilt tops popped up on my feed--wow!  It was time to think about tackling March--this challenge uses stash fabrics and Boy! I have plenty-- I  had a small box of 2.5" squares but these tops take more than I had--what to do?


Pull out the stash bin and begin to sort--and there I go!
down the rabbit hole!  You begin sorting--large pieces, pieces that could be
cut to 2.5" or 2" or 1.5" and then there are the strings.
Piles and piles and time runs together--

These could be cut into other sizes--3", 5" squares and we're off 
Each day I sort and sort--but I must stop to stitch at least one or two
of those blocks for March--I'm going for random scrappy look--
some are doing straight colors for each month--that's too much planning--
not for me.
And those strings?  Yep, easy to sew on scrap paper--these I could
plan by color.  Now, just need to find lots of scrap paper--
After I had spent a week or it seemed like a week sorting my fabric scraps,
I came across this article!  "Sorting, Saving and Using Fabric Scraps"--

really!! why haven't I been doing this for the past zillion years--
I'll tell you why--I'm a lazy quilter--just cut and throw the reminders in the bin!
Not any more! I will sort by size when I cut---
Sure!! I will.................................







No comments:

Post a Comment

U V

Undulate means  to move in a wave-like pattern . If a sound increases and decreases in pitch or volume like waves, you can say the sound is ...