Monday, January 13, 2020

What Fiber Technique Catches Your Fancy?

What fiber technique catches your fancy?
Mine is dyeing!  Natural dyeing is my favorite workshop or class--
if you understand how your fabrics are dyed, then you
are in another world.
Chemical dyeing is interesting but natural dyes--
oh my gosh!  You can hope you get the same color each
time you hit the dyepot, but not always..
there is change in temperature, water or dye stuff,
then you have a variable color on your fabric--
that's what makes natural dyeing the greatest adventure
of all time in my book!

and indigo dyeing--oh my!  This is the way to go!

My goal for 2020 is to do more dyeing--either chemical or
natural dyeing--or maybe some surface design!
Check out Chemknits on you tube!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Road trip continues

 Crossing over into Tennessee, we are now on interstate highways: lots of 18 wheelers, less green nice scenery, some dogwood trees and redbu...