Saturday, November 17, 2018

All Wrapped Up in Dogs!

Years ago, this quilt top was sewn just for fun--it was a month by
month pattern from Fatcat Patterns.  It was quilted by friend
Sandy.  About the time, Sandy had finished the quilt
and I had done the binding, there was a fund raising
auction for an animal shelter.
I had no purpose for the quilt--just a fun project
to do--Sandy recommended the quilt be given as an
auction item--
what a great idea!

And the quilt was purchased by an animal lover.

So time goes along and the person who purchased the quilt
contacted me in regards to making a doggie pillow for her
Mother--well, I'm not one to jump on that bandwagon.
I thought about it and said Yes, I would make her
a pillow for gift giving--there is no charge as the pattern
is copyright.  

She sent me photos of her doggie--

I thought long and hard about this--what should I do to make this
pillow actually look like this puppy?
First, I made the face as in the above pattern--
that didn't cut it for me.
Then I stumbled upon this pattern

"Dogs in Sweaters" by Elizabeth Hartman--this is
perfect!  I could make the pattern to resemble the photo
and here is the finished pillow.........
Isn't he cute?  And he's wearing the mother's favorite color
sweater--blue!  Pillow is 16" x 26"

Here is the back--I found this great dachshund fabric
and just knew it was the backing!
All finished--



No comments:

Post a Comment

Walk for JD

  Every April around this time of year, we sponsor a walk for our little great grandson, Jerry Daniel aka JD; he was born February 17, 2023 ...