Sunday, June 26, 2016

Hidden Knitted Codes?

Have you ever thought about knitting secret messages into your knitting?  The most famous or is it infamous character to do such a thing was Madame Defarge in Dickens’s A Tale of Two Cities.  I came across this article the other day and found it fascinating!  How do you knit messages into your knitting? Purl one for this action, drop a stitch for this action--just fascinating!  Women are resourceful and knitting has been a supplier of assisting in passing secret messages--

so, if you have some time and want to learn how to pass secret messages through
your knitting--watch this video!
Just fascinating!

1 comment:

  1. This held me for the duration, absolutely fascinating. Kristen has put together some really interesting concepts. Art of the best kind.

    It has really inspired me to work some messages of my own into my knitting (which I think is Kristen's aim). Though for me it would be ascii encoding - a. because it's more relevant to my own life and b. it's a little more efficient (surprisingly only a little more efficient than Morse).

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Noah’s ARC

870 acres!!  You can not imagine how this impacts your life.   On our journey to this destination, we read the story of Noah and the buildin...